Tattoos... a personal statement

To me, tattoos are a personal statement.  Some people may get one in memory of a loved one who's passed, some get them to commemorate a birth of a child, a favored pet, a favorite rock band, or just a personal statement about who they are.

To date, I only have one.  It's a rather large tattoo, on my left hip, of a black panther.  I loved the grace and muscle of this animal.  Although I was barely 18 when I got it, I did realize that I was permanently marking my body, and in doing so, I needed to be sure that it was something that I would later not regret.  The panther did it for me.  It's larger than it once was (LOL... as am I), but it's still something that I'm not ashamed to show.

I've wanted other tattoos.  I don't want to be covered in them, I'm not personally interested in having "sleeves", but I'd like to have several small, tasteful tattoos that make a statement about who I am.  Hopefully in time, I will.  For the last several years, I've been enthralled by fairies.  That's what I want next, a reminder of days gone by, of times both mythical and mysterious.  I've asked my husband to design something for me... but as our lives are so busy (way busier than I have time to explain in this blog), it just hasn't happened.  I'll have to bump that up my priority list, and see if I can get him to draw a few things for me.  Maybe I'll let you vote on my next tattoo, out of my favorite designs!  :)

'Til next time, then.  Kim will be out and about this week, visiting local tattoo shops, visiting with the artists and the customers, and seeing if I can decide on my next artist.  If you see me, be sure and tell me hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment